SERVICING AND REPAIRS
SERVICINGFor daily road use, we recommend an annual service . For leisure users riding at weekends and holidays, once every two years is an appropriate minimum service interval. Remember you must have your Airbag Jacket or Vest serviced before it is 2 years old to qualify for the extended warranty period of 4 years in total from purchase. For GP AIR Race and Track vests we recommend an annual service.
WHAT YOU CAN DO YOURSELFWe follow a simple W.E.A.R acronym: W - WIPE – wipe off after riding. When needed, follow the CLEAN or WASH guidance below. E - EXAMINE – velcro/stitching for integrity, particularly after an inflation. A - ACTION – check the action of lanyard and security clips/zips. R - RIDE – always check your lanyard is connected / electronic trigger enabled before riding Once a year, remove your CO2 Canister and check its weight meets the value on its label. Digital kitchen scales are ideal.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT SERVICE FOR YOUYou can choose between our STANDARD or VIP service. When you are ready, use our online tool to book.
UK SERVICE CENTREAll textile servicing is done at the HELITE UK Service Centre, near Leeds. Leather products are currently serviced in France.
STANDARD SERVICE CHECKSYour standard service includes checking:
- VISUAL APPEARANCE – Cuts/Tears/Abrasions/Cleanliness.
- CONDITION OF COMPONENTS – Velcro/Stitching etc.
- FUNCTION – Buttons/Clips/Zips.
- CORRECT AIRBAG SHAPE
- OVERINFLATION PRESSURE
- TRIGGER – Visual Appearance & Condition.
- KEY-BALL – Steel Cable/Correct Rotation/Mechanical Integrity
- PISTON – Needle/Joint/Corrosion/Burr.
- SPRING – Corrosion/Movement.
- CAP – Paint/Correct Screwing.
- SADDLE STRAP – Elasticity/Clip Function.
- TRIGGERING – Test Force Resistance.
- CO2 CANISTER – Weight/Visual Appearance.
HOW DOES THE PROCESS WORK?
CHOOSE STANDARD OR VIP SERVICE
Decide which service you prefer, STANDARD or VIP. Locate the Serial Number of your HELITE airbag jacket and make a note. Complete the service request form and submit to us. We automatically email a copy of your service request to you for your records. We will then email you a service invoice, which you pay securely online. With the invoice will be your Service Packing List and (for VIP bookings) information about your loan product and courier collection
HOW DO I FIND THE SERIAL NUMBER?
Each product varies, the most common locations are:
PACKING AND SHIPPING
Pack your jacket ready for collection or shipping, following the instructions in your email. Include All the items in the packing list. Once your jacket is received at our Service Centre, it will be logged and inspected. We will email you an inspection report, which itemises any components that require replacement, and if any remedial work is needed we will ask you to approve it by email. You are welcome to telephone the Service Centre team at any time after receiving this report. We never proceed with any remedial work without your agreement.
TURN AROUND TIME
For textile products, allow 7 days from arrival at the Service Centre. Most servicing is done 'next day' but we need to allow for time to contact you if there is any remedial work needed and to allow for returning the item to you. Leather products are currently serviced in France and take 2-3 weeks. Once we ship your airbag jacket to you, we will coordinate the collection of any loan product. Please note that we have busy periods and if you have a trip or event coming up, please let us know. We will do our best to help where we can, but we cannot guarantee to meet every deadline.
CAN I BOOK A LOAN AIRBAG VEST?
You can book a loan vest, just select VIP SERVICE when you make your booking. Loan vests are provided under our Terms and Conditions of Rental. Late return a loan vest may attract additional fees.
DO I GET A SERVICE REPORT?
A full service report is included for your information, together with a Service Guarantee.
BOOK A SERVICE
VIP SERVICEThis includes the following in addition to the standard service:
- LOAN HELITE AIRBAG VEST* - for your use until your service is complete
- COURIER COLLECTION AND DELIVERY - to and from your address
- REPLACEMENT CANISTER - a brand new CO2 canister to fit your Airbag Jacket or Vest
A HELITE REPAIR
HAS YOUR AIRBAG INFLATED?We are sorry to hear this and hope that whatever happened, you are ok and were protected by your HELITE Turtle Airbag System. After an incident it is important to take time to inspect your HELITE Airbag Jacket or Vest.
ON TRACKMarshals and Safety Officers have strict rules to follow after an incident. Only once you have been released from the Medical Centre should you return to the pits and assess the damage.
ON ROAD - BIKER DOWNWe all hope never to be involved in a road collision, but if you are it is good to know what to do. In the UK, consider attending a BIKER DOWN course. These 3 hour courses are free and cover:
- CRASH SCENE MANAGEMENT – advice from emergency service personnel on how to protect a casualty and other road users who may have stopped to assist.
- CASUALTY CARE – a motorcycle specific input, looking at basic lifesaving skills such as CPR, airway management and helmet removal (when & how)
- SCIENCE OF BEING SEEN - a session looking at conspicuity issues and the classic SMIDSY situations.